Thursday, April 7, 2011

Porch Rocker with a 1/4 Flat Oval reed seat



 1/4 " Flat Oval Reed Seat

 I cut it out with heavy scissors
 I use 5gal. paint sticks to allow me the give I need for shrinkage. I ran a separate strand of reed down one side to fill in the gaps  left by going back & forth and only being able to wrap the one side  



 I measured the front 18 1/2"and back rail 15 1/2" subtracted the two came up with the overage 3" of the front rail divided that in half 1 1/2 and marked the side rails. I should probably start in the middle but, HEY it's going to look the same anyway.
 Wove the reed from one pencil mark to the other. Now all I have to do is fill in the sides.
 One side done
 Finished chair.
I like my chairs to look as good on the bottom as they do on top.....

No comments:

Post a Comment